ROBIN’S NEST MONDAY, JUNE 15TH
THE DINNER HOUR
6:07 Food News – 15 Foods You Should Never Eat
Chef Eric Paul Meredith shares another affordable, healthy, tasty RECIPE: Chicken Sate’ Wrap
Chicken Saté Wraps
Coconut milk, curry powder, and peanut butter bring Indonesian flair to a quick-fix sandwich.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 wrap)
• 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1/2 cup matchstick-cut carrots
• 1/3 cup chopped green onions
• 2/3 cup light coconut milk
• 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
• 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
• 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless cooked chicken breast
• 4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
• 1 1/3 cups packaged coleslaw mix
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Coat pan with olive oil.
3. Add carrots and onions; sauté 1 minute.
4. Stir in coconut milk and next 5 ingredients (through pepper); cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
5. Add the chicken; cook 1 minute, stirring to coat.
6. Remove from heat; cool.
7. Warm tortillas according to package directions.
8. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla, and top each with 1/3 cup coleslaw mix.
Calories 321 Calories from fat 28 % Fat 10.1 g Sat fat 3.3 g
Mono fat 3.7 g Poly fat 2.1 g Protein 24.1 g Carbohydrate 26 g
Fiber 4.3 g Cholesterol 49 mg Iron 0.9 mg Sodium 844 mg
Calcium 37 mg
6:20 Chef Paul discusses: Using Food as Energy
6:37 Mr. Gus Rickett (Founder of Uncle Remus) and Charmaine Rickett (Daugher and owner of Uncle Remus in Bronzeville) http://uncleremususa.com/
6:50 Continue conversation with the Ricketts
Discussion: Creating Generational Wealth
Added Guest: Douglas A.C. Eze- Founder of Largo Financial Services Inc. and author of Creating Generational Wealth
Approx 9 mins content
Most Improved Student: Ramon Ceasar
In Studio: Ramon Ceasar & mom Kristie Edwards
Ramon struggled with math and reading. He is an artist and would be withdrawn from class drawing. He use to be a gifted student. He ended up being put out of the gifted program. The school he was in passed him along since first grade. Ramon’s mom realized he needed tutoring. His mom is a blogger and had Ramon helping out and using his money made to pay for his own tutoring services once a week. She also took his cell phone, lap top and tv privileges until his grades got better.
7:24 Call In Guest: Former Chicago Bears Football Players: Jerry Azumah, Charles “Peanut” Tillman, and Jarrett Payton
Discussion: “Monsters of the 5K/10K” run for a cause
Jerry Azumah Founder of “Monsters of the 5K/10K”
(Azumah Student Assistance Program), Jarrett
Payton (the Jarrett PaytonFoundation), and Charles Peanut Tillman (Cornerstone Foundation), come together collectively for their individual causes on June 18th at Soldier Field
located at 1420 South Museum Campus
Drive. Runners will gather on the Great
Lawn South to run or walk for all
3 causes in one single evening. The Monsters
of the 5K/10K race will host the inaugural race this year. Runners can register as a team or individuals to walk or run a 5K or 10K.
In Studio Guest: Pastor Michael Neal- Founder of Real Men Read- Bronzeville
8:06 We are celebrating Fathers today and J Ivy wrote a book in honor of his entitled- Dear Father
Guest: J Ivy
8:26 – Continue with J Ivy Added Guest: Sibyl Hollaway of Sib’s Breakfast Club will be there by 8:30 p.m. along with 4 others
8:45 – Guest: Sir the Baptist artist (Father who makes some positive music for children)